Monday, December 26, 2011

K-I-S-S-I-N-G



In honor of the upcoming New Years Eve I have decided to dedicate my post to America's favorite pastime! Oh, wait. . . that's baseball- Okay, well I've decided to dedicate my post to MY favorite pastime. . .

Pucker up, boo.


Some Famous Words on Kissing:

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

[T]hen I did the simplest thing in the world.  I leaned down... and kissed him.  And the world cracked open.  ~Agnes de Mille

I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. -Audrey Hepburn

'Where should one use perfume?' a young woman asked. 'Wherever one wants to be kissed,' I said. -Coco Chanel

A friend is always good to have, but a lover's kiss is better than angels raining down on me.  -Dave Matthews

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine. -Song of Solomon 1:2

Some History on Kissing:

*Anthropologists believe that the origin of the kiss is found in primitive times when mothers chewed food for their babies and then transmitted it from mouth to mouth.

*As early as 2000 BC many cultures believed that bringing mouths together in a kiss was a way to join two souls.

*Romans are attributed to perfecting the kiss as we know it today as they kissed each other hello on the mouth, eyes, or rings to signify respect to statues of gods.

*Throughout history kissing became the means in which many deals and bargains were sealed.

*Russians are believed to be the first to incorporate kissing into the marriage ceremony and France is credited with the first to accept kissing in courtship (Hell to the YEAH.)

Stephi's Ideals, Opinions, and Thoughts on Kissing:

I can sum it up in 3 simple words: unbelievably bad ass.

I first encountered  the luxury and deliciousness of a kiss when I was approximately 12 years of age. . . it was on my back yard basketball court. . . I realize this is ridiculously glamorous and you are all likely frothing at the mouth with jealousy- let me just say I'm deeply apologetic. . . but I was just born a rock star.

And on more serious topics. . . Let us review the  plethora of ways in which one may increase their pulse (By kissing, sickos!)
----> The ever exciting, but never deeply arousing, closed mouth kiss: typically associated with the first kiss, the good morning kiss, and the goodnight kiss, unless, ya know. . . *bow chica bow wow*
---->The somewhat more stimulating, DNA swapping event of the open mouth (without tongue) kiss: One of my favorites as it is romantic and arousing without taking the chance of having to keep a napkin or tissue product nearby on the chance that one must wipe goobish slobber off one's face.
---->The big time, seriously sexy French kiss: The kiss that can take a "kinda" couple to a "full blown" couple, the kiss that has started  dances of baby making, the kiss that every girl wants to have be that effortless combination of perfectly innocent and insanely sexy, the kiss to end all kisses, people.
---->The perfectly cute, always acceptable cheek kiss: not typically handed out by boys once they hit puberty, but often bestowed upon precious babes with delicious, fat cheeks, and sometimes appearing in wedding albums as an innocent photo op between the bride and groom.
---->The "every girl wants, dreams, and hopes for" forehead kiss: Listen up, dudes: Chicks DIG this. . . kiss her on the forehead and you'll likely win a second date (as long as you weren't, ya know, a total jack wagon, sloppy eater, sexist pig). . . The forehead kiss is special, intimate, and comforting. Ahem- you're welcome, fellas.
---->The cold weather warmer, precious picture moment, Eskimo kiss: I love the Eskimo kiss. . . I taught this to Belle and B and they are the most special kisses one can receive. . . I may be corny, but an Eskimo kiss melts my heart. Quit judging me, people.

I'm a big believer in kissing (And what girl wouldn't be? Aurora was brought back to life by a kiss, as was Snow White, frogs turn to princes with a kiss, and I have yet to see a single moment in motion picture in which some sort of symphony did not occur when lips are locked). . . I enjoy it greatly, even if I haven't done it in a while. . . but I'm not bitter. . . Really!  

So whether you are a closed mouth-er, an open mouth-er, a French-er, or of the more innocent variety, always remember that kisses are magical, they spice things up, slow speech down, and quicken a heart in seconds flat.

Girls- make sure your guy knows how you enjoy being kissed. . . and make sure it happens a lot
Guys- a girl will tremble like farted in water if you touch her face while you're putting your lips on hers

So, what's your favorite kind of kiss? Got it? Now go lay a smooch on somebody cute!

-Stephi D.


No comments:

Post a Comment