Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Inspiration

Hey, guys. I have been pretty lazy about posting lately and I apologize for that; school is taking most of my writing energy, but I promise once I'm a college graduate I will post more :)

I don't really have a specific topic today other than I wanted to share some poems and words of others that really inspire me; I've been thinking a lot about inspiration and what causes it for me, what pushes me the most when it comes to my writing, and I'm curious about what inspires all of you. These are mostly words created by others that leave me breathless or make me want to write. . . I hope you all enjoy them and please feel free to share what gets  your heart pumping.

-Stephi D.

the spring has been exquisite and the
summer may be beautiful. But,
tell me with eyes quiteshut
did you love me,will you love me

and perfectly so forth;i see,
kissing you--only kissing
you(it is still spring
and summer may be beautiful)shall we

say years? O let us say it,girl
to boy smiling while the moments kill
us gently and infinitely.

And believe(do not believe)there'll
be a time when even these leaves will

crawl expensively away. My lady.

- e.e. cummings

“since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a far better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
--the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for eachother: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis”
E.E. Cummings

“So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”
John Green, Looking for Alaska

“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.”
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”
William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

My family.
My friends.
Love, laughter, memories that mold me as a person.
Photographs, music, my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment